We are looking for a System Administrator to maintain, upgrade and manage our software, hardware and networks.
Our infrastructure is composed of 130+ computers for workers and 150+ render farm nodes. Your goal will be to ensure that everything runs smoothly and efficiently. Building custom tools in Python or other languages can be needed.
You should be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly. You should also have the patience to communicate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users.
• Manage network servers and technology tools
• Install and configure software and hardware in all the company computers
• Set up accounts and workstations
• Manage software licenses
• Update hardware and software inventary
• Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements
• Troubleshoot issues and outages
• Ensure security through access controls, backups and firewalls
• Upgrade systems with new releases and models
• Build an internal wiki with technical documentation, manuals and IT policies
• Proven experience as a System Administrator, Network Administrator or similar role
• Experience with databases, networks (LAN, WAN) and patch management
• Knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery
• Ability to create scripts in Python, Perl or other language
• Familiarity with Windows Server environment
• Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
• Excellent communication skills
• BSc/Ba in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline
Lightbox Animation is looking for storyboard artists to illustrate the narrative, plan shots, and draw panels to demostrate action and maintain continuity between scenes for our new animated feature.
• Have a great sense of visual storytelling
• Meet with creative supervisors to discuss objectives of storyboard; what is desired or to be achieved, receiving written and verbal description of a sequence
• Create quick thumbnail sketches through to finished detailed storyboard panels
• Create storyboards by implementing storytelling objectives
• Illustrate script pages and come up with story ideas
• Pitch Storyboards when required
• Work with director and head of story to define staging and camera action
• Develop character personality and dramatic/comedic action
• Ensure all storyboard notes are added
• Ensure quality and style of show is consistently achieved in storyboard work
• Meet all deadlines as determined by the Production Team
• Follow proper document management requirements according to the production´s guidelines
• Follows supervisor´s guidance
• 2-3 years of professional experience
• 1 or more year experience in the animation industry
• Practical knowledge of cinematic language, acting and staging
• Must be able to express story and character emotions through drawings
• Strong knowledge of Photoshop, and Wacom Cintiq tablet
• Ability to take direction and work well with a team
• Strong storytelling abilities to feature character, emotion and movement
• Strong staging and composition skills
• Ability to invent action and express it through drawing
• Strong creative and technical skills
• Must be responsive to deadlines and work well under pressure
• EU citizen
Lightbox Animation is recruiting Digital Matte Painting Artists for our animated feature
You will create photo realistic elements using a variety of illustrations and projections to create environments that you see to believe! Manipulating light and texture you will form worlds that will excite and exceed expectations, interweaving disciplined practise of this art form.
Working closely with the animation pipeline you will create intricate backdrops that characters will encompass seamlessly. Naturally you will work alongside our modelling, surfacing and compositing teams so a basic understanding would be beneficial.
So if you have a keen eye to create realistic materials and lighting apply now!
• Produce high standard matte paintings with a strong understanding of perspective, composition, light and colour.
• Work with rendered CG elements, still photography and digital paint to create believable environments that are to seamlessly integrated into the film.
• Take art direction well, working collaboratively as part of a team taking art direction and Comp supervisor, VFX Supervisor and Director as necessary.
• Sound artistic judgement and a proven aesthetic eye for materials and lighting.
• Artistic flexibility to match and adapt painting styles to match the animated feature’s designs.
• EU Citizen
Lightbox Animation is recruiting for Character FX Artists for our animated feature
Character FX Artists will work closely with the Director to understand his vision for cloth/hair and fur on our Feature Animation project.
You will work collaboratively with your team to find the best technical and creative solutions in order to meet production needs and produce simulations that matches the high quality vision for our project.
Create the groom &hair shading lookdev for new characters
Develop dynamic rigs for characters´hair
Execute CFX work in shots, including but not limited to character simulations, geometry correctives, groom correctives
• Experience in a Grooming/Hair Lookdev*CFX role in a production environment.
• Thorough knowledge of an area of creature/character specialisation and a broad understanding of the other areas, which include rigging and enveloping in Maya, cloth, hair, etc
• Works with the rest of the team to creatively solve problems and troubleshoot effectively.
• Ability to interpret feedback and expand upon the art direction given.
• Rethink how you approach tasks to improve workflow.
• Have strong visual and artistic skills
• Experience on Feature Animation projects.
• An interest in anatomy, tailoring, grooming or mechanics depending on your area of specialisation.
• Maya Character FX set-ups and simulation.
• EU Citizen
Lightbox Animation is recruiting Layout artists (different roles) to generate the previsualization of our new animated Feature Film
• Work on the creation of the movie preview stream, according to the Director guidelines and reporting to the Supervisor.
• Based on storyboards, create a rough layout, defining animation poses and blocking of cameras.
• Edit layout videos to create full scenes.
• Work on camera refine.
• Deep understanding of film narrative language. Love for filmmaking.
• Strong knowledge of cinematography (framing, lenses, camera movement, lighting).
• Editing skills (Premiere, Final cut, Avid, …).
• General knowledge of Maya/3DSMax. Basic proficiency in modelling, animation, lighting.
• Experience in layout (professional work, personal projects, student films, etc).
• Plus: character animation experience.
• EU Citizen
Lightbox Animation is recruiting Animation Leads for its new animated Feature, Tadeo Jones 3.
Working closely with the Animation Supervisor, you will be leading a team of senior, mid and junior animators, ensuring that the animation is completed and delivered on time, to the agreed quality standards.
If you have significant experience in production environment as Lead Animator on Animated Feature, want to take up a new exciting challenge and feel you’d be the right fit to this role, please apply here today!
• Proven and extensive professional experience in animation and team leadership.
• Extensive knowledge of Maya.
• Awareness of key project assumptions and schedule across the animation department.
• Present work to the Animation Supervisor and/or Director.
• Liaising with other teams and departments as necessary.
• Organisation and attention to detail/accuracy.
• Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills in Spanish.
• Mentoring and leading animators.
• Solid understanding of animation pipeline.
• Problem solving abilities.
• Rigging knowledge is a bonus.
• Proactive approach – continuously finding ways to improve processes for ease and efficiency.
• EU work authorization.
What you will get
• Great working environment.
• Very enjoyable characters to animate. You will have fun at work!
• Nice working schedule from 8h to 16h, with some flexibility.