We’re looking for highly experienced 3D Character Artist to be part of the production of our next movie. Candidates will show a diverse portfolio of recent samples that demonstrate aptitude modeling, painting textures and creating shaders using tools like Maya, ZBrush and Substance Painter.
• Creating characters based on existing concept art
• Create the final models with the topology guides required by the studio.
• Collaborate with the character art supervisor to get the final look of the models
• Build clean highly animate-able topology
• Give and receive feedback with concept artists and character modelers
• Build the blend shapes of the characters and test the gestures with the studio tools.
• Ability to work well within a team
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Must be able to take critique and art direction
• 3+ years of character modelling experience from either animation TV series or feature animation movie
• EU citizenship/ Have EU work permit
We are looking for a System Administrator to maintain, upgrade and manage our software, hardware and networks.
Our infrastructure is composed of 130+ computers for workers and 150+ render farm nodes. Your goal will be to ensure that everything runs smoothly and efficiently. Building custom tools in Python or other languages can be needed.
You should be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly. You should also have the patience to communicate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users.
• Manage network servers and technology tools
• Install and configure software and hardware in all the company computers
• Set up accounts and workstations
• Manage software licenses
• Update hardware and software inventary
• Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements
• Troubleshoot issues and outages
• Ensure security through access controls, backups and firewalls
• Upgrade systems with new releases and models
• Build an internal wiki with technical documentation, manuals and IT policies
• Proven experience as a System Administrator, Network Administrator or similar role
• Experience with databases, networks (LAN, WAN) and patch management
• Knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery
• Ability to create scripts in Python, Perl or other language
• Familiarity with Windows Server environment
• Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
• Excellent communication skills
• BSc/Ba in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline
Lightbox Animation is looking for storyboard artists to illustrate the narrative, plan shots, and draw panels to demostrate action and maintain continuity between scenes for our new animated feature.
• Have a great sense of visual storytelling
• Meet with creative supervisors to discuss objectives of storyboard; what is desired or to be achieved, receiving written and verbal description of a sequence
• Create quick thumbnail sketches through to finished detailed storyboard panels
• Create storyboards by implementing storytelling objectives
• Illustrate script pages and come up with story ideas
• Pitch Storyboards when required
• Work with director and head of story to define staging and camera action
• Develop character personality and dramatic/comedic action
• Ensure all storyboard notes are added
• Ensure quality and style of show is consistently achieved in storyboard work
• Meet all deadlines as determined by the Production Team
• Follow proper document management requirements according to the production´s guidelines
• Follows supervisor´s guidance
• 2-3 years of professional experience
• 1 or more year experience in the animation industry
• Practical knowledge of cinematic language, acting and staging
• Must be able to express story and character emotions through drawings
• Strong knowledge of Photoshop, and Wacom Cintiq tablet
• Ability to take direction and work well with a team
• Strong storytelling abilities to feature character, emotion and movement
• Strong staging and composition skills
• Ability to invent action and express it through drawing
• Strong creative and technical skills
• Must be responsive to deadlines and work well under pressure
• EU citizen
Lightbox Animation is recruiting Digital Matte Painting Artists for our animated feature
You will create photo realistic elements using a variety of illustrations and projections to create environments that you see to believe! Manipulating light and texture you will form worlds that will excite and exceed expectations, interweaving disciplined practise of this art form.
Working closely with the animation pipeline you will create intricate backdrops that characters will encompass seamlessly. Naturally you will work alongside our modelling, surfacing and compositing teams so a basic understanding would be beneficial.
So if you have a keen eye to create realistic materials and lighting apply now!
• Produce high standard matte paintings with a strong understanding of perspective, composition, light and colour.
• Work with rendered CG elements, still photography and digital paint to create believable environments that are to seamlessly integrated into the film.
• Take art direction well, working collaboratively as part of a team taking art direction and Comp supervisor, VFX Supervisor and Director as necessary.
• Sound artistic judgement and a proven aesthetic eye for materials and lighting.
• Artistic flexibility to match and adapt painting styles to match the animated feature’s designs.
• EU Citizen
Lightbox Animation is recruiting for Character FX Artists for our animated feature
Character FX Artists will work closely with the Director to understand his vision for cloth/hair and fur on our Feature Animation project.
You will work collaboratively with your team to find the best technical and creative solutions in order to meet production needs and produce simulations that matches the high quality vision for our project.
Create the groom &hair shading lookdev for new characters
Develop dynamic rigs for characters´hair
Execute CFX work in shots, including but not limited to character simulations, geometry correctives, groom correctives
• Experience in a Grooming/Hair Lookdev*CFX role in a production environment.
• Thorough knowledge of an area of creature/character specialisation and a broad understanding of the other areas, which include rigging and enveloping in Maya, cloth, hair, etc
• Works with the rest of the team to creatively solve problems and troubleshoot effectively.
• Ability to interpret feedback and expand upon the art direction given.
• Rethink how you approach tasks to improve workflow.
• Have strong visual and artistic skills
• Experience on Feature Animation projects.
• An interest in anatomy, tailoring, grooming or mechanics depending on your area of specialisation.
• Maya Character FX set-ups and simulation.
• EU Citizen
Lightbox Animation is recruiting Layout artists (different roles) to generate the previsualization of our new animated Feature Film
• Work on the creation of the movie preview stream, according to the Director guidelines and reporting to the Supervisor.
• Based on storyboards, create a rough layout, defining animation poses and blocking of cameras.
• Edit layout videos to create full scenes.
• Work on camera refine.
• Deep understanding of film narrative language. Love for filmmaking.
• Strong knowledge of cinematography (framing, lenses, camera movement, lighting).
• Editing skills (Premiere, Final cut, Avid, …).
• General knowledge of Maya/3DSMax. Basic proficiency in modelling, animation, lighting.
• Experience in layout (professional work, personal projects, student films, etc).
• Plus: character animation experience.
• EU Citizen
Lightbox Animation has an opportunity for a Production Coordinator to be part of the production of our next movie. Reporting to the Producers, the successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating a department and providing assistance to the Producer of an animated feature.
• Understands the department(s) and works with Head of Production to mantein and manage the department schedule.
• Partner with the Production Supervisor and Department Head to set the priorities of the department taking into account the priorities of the show that are established by the Production Supervisors and the Production Manager.
• Follows up with Artist Leads on a daily basis to ensure task deliveries remain on schedule.
• Assists Production Supervisors with maintaining quotas, deadlines & inventory, ensuring departmental productivity goals are consistently met. Generate weekly report from department, quota…Bring concerns about potential schedule or budget overruns to the Production Supervisor and Production Manager.
• Communicates with other departments regarding department needs.
• Proactively respond to request for information and assistance from those within and outside of the department.
• Stays abreast of issues on the floor and elevates information appropriately to Production Supervisor.
• Coordinate crew meetings.
• Responsible for multiple dailies sessions each day.
• Animated Feature Experience.
• Strong verbal communication skills, and solid interpersonal skills.
• Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.
• Strong computer knowledge; knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel and Shotgun essential.
• Ability to organize, prioritize and follow through in a multi-tasking environment.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Positive attitude and effective interpersonal skills.
• EU Citizen